6.18.2010

My (sort of) new home

I am really happy that I am living at my childhood home in Graham. Here is why: I'm surrounded by green and animals. Deer, birds, frogs, bees, and rabbits come in my yard. My friend, Kelly, has a theory about why I got my creativity back- she said that if you are in an open space, you are more creative. But, if you are stuck in an apartment, you don't have any freedom.

Before I moved in, I painted the bedroom a really nice purple. Yesterday and the day before, my mom helped me paint the kitchen walls yellow. My next job is painting the living room light green and blue. And after that, I am going to fix up my patio. I will have to go to the Farmer's Market and get some flowers!

Here is a peony that just bloomed! It smells heavenly.
This was already here.
 Unfortunately, I do not have a green thumb like my mom.
I rescued a cat at my old apartment.
I don't have to worry about paying a fee for having another pet.
The dogs are happy, too!
At first, I thought that moving back to the house would feel strange or awkward. I am glad it didn't turn out that way. Sure it is far away from downtown Tacoma where I work part-time at the Children's Museum and where I am a member of the Speakeasy, but I have my own home and my own space.

No comments:

Post a Comment