9.29.2010

Brief California road trips

"Think of travel as a sort of fast-forward Zen meditation, an act of supreme balance while off balance, a living devotion to Love Thy Neighbor." -Jessica Maxwell, from Sand in my Bra


Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, especially traveling by road trip. I got returned from a one night stay in Southern California (Moorpark). I discovered the real Wild West when I visited Fillmore, an old railroad town in which the original train station, post office, and trains are still there. I also passed through huge orange groves and ate an authentic Southern Californian orange- it was delicious, though a bit hard to eat. I sat on the edge of a cliff on the beach, which is something I never do because I have a fear of heights. It was the first time that I put my feet in the ocean since I almost drowned in the Marshall Islands. I backed away everytime the water moved toward me. I was always a water baby, but I think I might have a new fear of the ocean. I don't want that to happen since I love being in the water. I hope this new fear does not affect me when I go snorkeling in the Philippines in the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment