2.11.2011

Facehooked

Quitting social media websites is harder than most people think. I deactivated my facebook account, but I could not even last a day without using it. I sent out an email to some of my friends telling them that I was terminating my account. A couple of hours later, I decided not to go through with it. I was actually having withdrawls like a heroin addict or alcoholic does.
Honestly, I am fed up with peoples' posts about how they are hooking up with their ex for the hundredth time or stating their complete itinerary for the day. I really could care less. The only thing I care about on facebook is what I post.
Before I tried to quit facebook, I was signing on four to five times a day- that is no way to live! When I go on my trip to the Philippines, I don't want to spend my time there on the computer telling everyone what I am doing on my trip. I want to actually experience my visit without worring if somebody is posting on my wall or sending me a message.
The world is too digital; it is just sucking the life right out of us. We need to start doing useful stuff like learning how to garden or cook. Roseanne Barr, my inspiration, said that facebook is the worst addiction of all addictions in which she ever killed. I hope someday I can kill it, or at least taper off.

No comments:

Post a Comment