3.29.2011

Spring day at Northwest Trek

I went to Northwest Trek today, and I am so glad I did. Usually when I go, the animals are quiet and hide from visiting humans. Today was different: the animals were so active.

 
The otter and coyotes thought we had food in my camera bag. The grizzly bears were up close and were mating (awkward, but it is that time of year). The coyotes all walked toward us and stared and waited- it scared Frank and me for a minute, but it was really awesome at the same time! They were so close and I thought they were going to jump the fence.

 
The bobcats were growling and making funny noises. I think they were playing/flirting.

The little otter thought we had food and he was begging and posing on a tall log. He was waiting for his exhibit to fill up with water. I believe they drain it every couple of weeks to keep it clean.
On the tram, the bison were so close I could stick my hand out of the window and touch them! Too bad the keeper on the tram said that we had to keep all limbs inside.
 
This is was probably the best photographic trip to NW Trek that I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment