8.14.2013

Elementary Schools and a Book City

I have a picture of my 2 year old self packed away in storage. In that picture, I have piles of books stacked on all sides of me, including an open book in my arms. I didn't realize how obsessed I am with books until I visited Powell's books in Portland yesterday. That place is unbelievable. The main store takes up an entire city block. I was a bit overwhelmed when we walked in, but also feeling ecstatic to be surrounded by millions of books. Surprisingly, I just bought one book; it might have been because if I stayed any longer, I would not want to leave!





My guy and I drove to Portland for my 26th birthday. I'm ashamed to say I have never really explored Portland, OR. I've been downtown and to the surrounding towns and cities including the coast. Luckily, we only live 2 hours away from Portland so we can see quite a lot in 2 days and one night. For my birthday, I chose the Kennedy School, an old elementary school turned into historic hotel by the McMenamin brothers. It has such rich history and most of the rooms are in actual old classrooms!


No comments:

Post a Comment