8.07.2013

Love for succulents

I started loving succulents before it was cool (go to any garden boutique or floral shop and you'll know what I'm talking about).  Succulents became appealing to me when I was a little girl. From what I can remember, sempervivums (hens and chicks) and aloe plants were the first types of succulents I ever saw. My mom had a huge aloe plant. I would break open the leaves and rub the smelly slime on my arms.


Today, I have a small collection of potted succulents and since I moved into my new house, I am surrounded by typical small succulents like sedum and sempervivum (the owners have them planted everywhere).






As an adult, I appreciate the repetitiveness and shapes of succulents- some remind me of fractal art like the stacked crassulas, spiral aloe, and aeoniums. I don't have any of these in my collection yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment